Thruxton kart centre is committed to ensuring that all of its customers enjoy their experiences. To ensure there is no misunderstanding with regard to purchase or participation of any experiences please read the following information carefully. Call us on 01264 882231 if there are any issues you would like to discuss.
We recommend that you allow 30 minutes prior to your start time to sign on and obtain your safety equipment. Please be aware that we must start the briefing session on time in order for the event to run to schedule. Late arrivals will only be allowed to join the event at the discretion of the race director.
Other than on exclusive days, there may be an event in progress as you arrive. You are welcome to spectate in the designated areas, but please sign on first so that we aware of your presence, as some briefings start whilst races from an earlier session are still running.
If you or any member(s) of your group arrive late for your event it may result in a reduction in time on the track for the whole session. Whilst we strive to accommodate guests we may have an event following yours and therefore need to consider those bookings. All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form at registration and attend the briefing before taking part in the experience.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase and must be booked by the beginning of the tenth month. The chosen activity must be undertaken within the one year period.
- Gift vouchers can be refunded for up to 2 months (8 weeks) after purchase subject to a £25 charge. After that time the vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Gift vouchers cannot be extended, it is your responsibility to use it within the valid period.
- Gift vouchers can be transferred to other people.
- Any refund will be made to the purchaser and not the voucher holder.
- Deposit bookings reserve a place (or places) on a specific date and session time and are non-refundable. If you have secured exclusivity with a deposit for an agreed number of places the balance payable on the day stays the same. It is your responsibility to fill those places should your numbers change. We will not refund you for no-shows on the day.
- Deposit bookings can be refunded up to 2 months (8 weeks) after the booking has been made subject to a £25 charge being made. After that time deposit booking are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Deposit bookings will not be refunded within the above 2 month (8 week) period if it is within 2 weeks of the course date as time vehicles and staff have been allocated to you.
- Any refund will be made to the purchaser only.
- If cancelling up to 4 weeks prior to the event date, either a new date can be booked at no charge, or a refund given less a 20% handling charge.
- If you cancel between 4 weeks and 2 weeks of the event date, a new booking can be made less a handling charge of 20% or a refund given less a handling charge of 50%.
- A cancellation made within 2 weeks of the event date will result in the loss of the deposit, unless you rebook on another date subject to a handling charge of 50%.
- You will forfeit your entire event fee if you fail to attend on the day or time of your booking.
Third party public liability insurance and vehicle insurance are included in the cost of your event.
- All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form prior to taking part in the event.
- Refreshments are available at the Karting Centre. These consist of tea & coffee etc. from a vending machine, plus cold drinks, crisps and chocolate. On the main circuit, there is a restaurant open when the racing circuit is in use, and a cafeteria, which is open most days including weekends. On selected days, a burger type mobile catering unit operates from the paddock area at the Kart Centre, although this is provided by a third party and we cannot guarantee its attendance. If the event is an exclusive one, full catering can be arranged to your requirements.
- Children are welcome to attend, and there are baby changing facilities in the hospitality building, but children must be supervised at all times as the pit lane immediately outside the hospitality building is in constant use.
- Karting can be affected by adverse weather conditions such as ice, snow or fog. If it is felt that it would be dangerous to use the circuit, your event may be cancelled. If this occurs, we will do our best to inform you and you will be able to rebook on another day. However, no refunds will be given, and no claims will be accepted relating to costs incurred due to the cancellation.
- Thruxton Karting Centre reserves the right to exclude any driver from participation should his/her behaviour be deemed to be a danger to themselves or other drivers. We also reserve the right to refuse any driver from participation if either he/she is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In these instances NO refund will be given.
- Age Restrictions
- Thunderkarts - Over 17 with a driving licence or 15 and over providing the minimum height requirement is met and the race director is satisfied with their level of competence and ability to drive safely as a result of observing them during practice.
- Stratoskarts – 12 years and older, and meeting the minimum height requirements.
- Cadetkarts – 8 years and older, and meeting the minimum height requirements.
- Height Restrictions
- Thunderkarts – Minimum height: 5 feet (1.52m)
- Stratoskarts – Minimum height: 5 feet (1.52m)
- Cadetkarts – Minimum height: 4 feet and 4 inches (1.32m)
If you have to contact us on the day of your event please use the following telephone numbers:
Weekdays - Booking office - 01264 882222 between 0900 and 1700
Weekends - Kart Centre - 01264 771988
Messages left on the booking office answer phone service will not be picked up until the next working day.